Who are the PIMA students?
The PIMA M.F.A. program tends to attract mature, experienced artists who are seeking:
- A terminal degree in the performing arts
- An immersive collaborative experience with experienced artists from a variety of disciplines
- A skills-based approach to performing arts collaboration training
- An exposure to multimedia technology for use in performance settings
The program admits a maximum of 16 students each year. Each cadre has had a strong international component.
Where do PIMA graduates find work?
PIMA graduates have had great success in finding work related to their studies:
Colleges and universities employing PIMA graduates:
- New York City College of Technology
- Fairfield University
- Bloomfield College
- Salisbury University
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Pratt Institute
- Parsons/The New School
Selected contemporary art world organizations employing PIMA graduates:
- Pomegranate Arts
- Arena Stage
- Big Art Group
- Electronic Arts Intermix
- International Studio & Curatorial Program